COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
It’s Friday! Let’s celebrate the weekend by doing a wee competition.
I don’t know about you guys, but I love a bargain. So when Groupon got in touch and asked if I fancied doing a reader giveaway, I was all ears. Presumably to find out if you guys do, indeed, also love a bargain.
For those of you who might have been living under a rock for the past few years, Groupon are purveyors of online shopping vouchers. You can find brilliant discounts on everything from manicures to brewery tours to professional golf lessons. Although you can pick up some really quirky deals on Groupon, the ones that I like best (and imagine my foodie readers will be most interested in, too) are the restaurant deals.
When I lived in Edinburgh, I found that there were too many brilliant restaurants and not enough funds in my bank account. Groupon gives us plebs a chance to walk in the hallowed halls of Edinburgh’s finest dining establishments, for a massive price cut.
As I write this, the deal on Groupon Edinburgh’s front page is a two course lunch for two people at the wonderful Edinburgh Larder Bistro. It’s making my mouth water just looking at it! They’ve also recently had voucher deals for Kublai Khan’s Mongolian barbeque, and new Franco-Indian restaurant Passepartout.
The voucher code I’m giving away will credit your Groupon account with £40.
That means you can pick up two Groupon deals worth £20, and dine out twice on this great giveaway. Alternatively you could have a wee nosy at Groupon holidays and put your £40 towards that (although you will have to fork out for the difference yourself). The voucher code will be valid for six months so there’s no rush to spend it, either.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply comment on this post and tell me: what’s the best deal you’ve ever found in a restaurant?
For me, it has to be Le Sept‘s Table du Hote menu where you can nab two courses of delicious French fare for a tenner.
How about you?
I’m running this competition for a week, from November 9th until November 16th. I’ll be announcing the winners via Facebook and Twitter (as well as contacting the lucky punter by email) next Friday, so if you haven’t liked or followed be sure to do that now. 🙂
Terms & Conditions
- Entry is restricted to one entry per person; multiple entries will be disqualified (especially those from automated competition entry bot things!)
- Entry is restricted to UK Residents
- Neither Jemma Eat World or Groupon will be responsible for any lost entries
- The prize is 1 x £40 account credit redeemable on Groupon.co.uk, valid for 6 months. No cash alternative is offered.
- The competition is running from 9th-16th November 2012
- Winners will be contacted by email no later than 17th November 2012
- Winners will be chosen by virtue of prize draw: the judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into